Monday 14 November 2016

Ventricular Tachycardia (VT)



Ventricular tachycardia (V-tach or VT) is a type of regular and fast heart rate that arises from improper electrical activity in the ventricles of the heart. Although a few seconds may not result in problems, longer periods are dangerous. Short periods may occur without symptoms or present with lightheadedness, palpitations, or chest pain. Ventricular tachycardia may result in cardiac arrest and turn into ventricular fibrillation. Ventricular tachycardia is found initially in about 7% of people in cardiac arrest.

Ventricular tachycardia can occur due to coronary heart disease, aortic stenosis, cardiomyopathy, electrolyte problems, or a heart attack. Diagnosis is by an electrocardiogram (ECG) showing a rate of greater than 120 bpm and at least three wide QRS complexes in a row. It is classified as non-sustained versus sustained based on whether or not it lasts less than or more than 30 seconds. The term "ventricular tachycardias" refers to the group of irregular heartbeats that includes ventricular tachycardia, ventricular fibrillation, and torsades de pointes.




5 comments:

  1. Thank you for any other informative blog. Where else may just I get that kind of info written in such a perfect way?
    I've a venture that I am just now operating on, and I have been at the look out for such information.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for some other magnificent post. Where else may just anybody get that type of information in such
    an ideal approach of writing? I've a presentation next week, and I am
    at the look for such info.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the marvelous posting! I truly enjoyed
    reading it, you may be a great author.I will make certain to bookmark
    your blog and may come back from now on. I want to encourage you continue
    your great posts, have a nice morning!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi every one, here every one is sharing these kinds of familiarity,
    thus it's good to read this webpage, and I used to go to see this web
    site everyday.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey There. I found your blog the usage of msn. This is a very well written article.

    I'll make sure to bookmark it and return to read more of your helpful info.
    Thank you for the post. I will certainly comeback.

    ReplyDelete