Wednesday 10 February 2016

Ventricular Rhythms



Idioventricular Rhythm



Accelerated Idioventricular Rhythm


Accelerated idioventricular rhythm is ventricular rhythm with a rate of between 40 and 120 beats per minute. Idioventricular means "“relating to or affecting the cardiac ventricle alone“ and refers to any ectopic ventricular arrythmia. Accelerated idioventricular arrhythmias are distinguished from ventricular rhythms with rates less than 40 (ventricular escape) and those faster than 120 (ventricular tachycardia). Though some other references limit to between 60 and 100 beats per minute. It is also referred to as AIVR and "slow ventricular tachycardia."



It can be present at birth. However, it is more commonly associated with reperfusion after myocardial injury.

Polymorphic Ventricular Tachycardia


Polymorphic ventricular tachycardia, on the other hand, has beat-to-beat variations in morphology. This may appear as a cyclical progressive change in cardiac axis, previously referred to by its French name torsades de pointes ("twisting of the spikes"). However, at the current time, the term torsades de pointes is reserved for polymorphic VT occurring in the context of a prolonged resting QT interval.



Ventricular Flutter



Ventricular Tachycardia (VT)

Monomorphic ventricular tachycardia means that the appearance of all the beats match each other in each lead of a surface electrocardiogram (ECG).Scar-related monomorphic ventricular tachycardia is the most common type and a frequent cause of death in patients having survived a heart attack or myocardial infarction, especially if they have weak heart muscle.



Ventricular Fibrillation (VF)


Ventricular fibrillation (V-fib or VF) is a condition in which there is uncoordinated contraction of thecardiac muscle of the ventricles in the heart, making them quiver rather than contract properly. Ventricular fibrillation is the most commonly identified arrhythmiain cardiac arrest patients. While there is some activity, the lay person is usually unable to detect it by palpating (feeling) the major pulse points of the carotid and femoral arteries. Such an arrhythmia is only confirmed by electrocardiography. Ventricular fibrillation is a medical emergency that requires prompt Advanced Life Support interventions. If this arrhythmia continues for more than a few seconds, it will likely degenerate further into asystole ("flatline"). This condition results in cardiogenic shock and cessation of effective blood circulation. As a consequence, sudden cardiac death (SCD) will result in a matter of minutes. If the patient is not revived after a sufficient period (within roughly 5 minutes at room temperature), the patient could sustain irreversible brain damage and possibly become brain-dead, due to the effects of cerebral hypoxia. On the other hand, death often occurs if sinus rhythm is not restored within 90 seconds of the onset of VF, especially if it has degenerated further into asystole.

20 comments:

  1. Nice post. I was checking continuously this weblog and I'm inspired!

    Extremely useful info particularly the closing part :
    ) I deal with such info a lot. I was looking for this particular
    info for a long time. Thanks and good luck.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I couldn't resist commenting. Exceptionally well written!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am extremely impressed together with your writing abilities and also with the layout
    to your blog. Is this a paid topic or did you modify it your self?

    Either way stay up the excellent high quality writing, it's rare to look a nice weblog like this one nowadays.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for your personal marvelous posting! I genuinely enjoyed reading it,
    you can be a great author. I will always bookmark your blog and may come back later on. I want to encourage you continue your great
    posts, have a nice afternoon!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for sharing such a pleasant thought, piece of writing is nice, thats why
    i have read it fully

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for the sensible critique. Me and my neighbor were just preparing to do
    a little research on this. We got a grab a book from our local library but I think I learned more from
    this post. I am very glad to see such fantastic info being shared freely out there.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hurrah! After all I got a webpage from where I be able to
    actually take valuable facts concerning my study and knowledge.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This blog was... how do you say it? Relevant!! Finally I've
    found something which helped me. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I've recently started a website, the info you offer on this website has
    helped me tremendously. Thank you for all of your time & work.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Good day! I could have sworn I've been to this blog before but after browsing
    through some of the post I realized it's new to me.

    Nonetheless, I'm definitely glad I found it and I'll be bookmarking and checking back often!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi there, just became aware of your blog through Google, and found that it is
    really informative. I'm gonna watch out for brussels. I will appreciate if you continue this in future.
    Lots of people will be benefited from your writing. Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Admiring the dedication you put into your blog and detailed information you offer.
    It's awesome to come across a blog every once in a while that isn't the
    same out of date rehashed material. Fantastic read!
    I've bookmarked your site and I'm including your RSS
    feeds to my Google account.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Good blog you have got here.. It?s hard to find high-quality writing like yours these
    days. I truly appreciate people like you! Take care!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I like what you guys are usually up too. This sort of clever work
    and exposure! Keep up the awesome works guys I've
    added you guys to my personal blogroll.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wonderful post but I was wanting to know if you could
    write a litte more on this subject? I'd be very thankful if you could elaborate a little bit further.
    Appreciate it!

    ReplyDelete
  16. You ought to take part in a contest for one of the best websites on the web.

    I will highly recommend this site!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I believe this website holds very fantastic written content material
    blog posts.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Some genuinely interesting details you have written.Helped me a
    lot, just what I was searching for :D.

    ReplyDelete
  19. I think the admin of this site is really working hard in support of his website, as
    here every material is quality based information.

    ReplyDelete
  20. I do consider all of the concepts you have introduced in your post.
    They're really convincing and can definitely work. Still, the
    posts are very quick for beginners. May just you please extend them a little from subsequent time?
    Thanks for the post.

    ReplyDelete