Monday 14 November 2016

Second Degree AV Block Mobitz Type I (wenckebach)



Type 1 Second-degree AV block, also known as Mobitz I or Wenckebach periodicity, is almost always a disease of the AV node.

Mobitz I heart block is characterized by progressive prolongation of the PR interval on the electrocardiogram (ECG) on consecutive beats followed by a blocked P wave (i.e., a 'dropped' QRS complex). After the dropped QRS complex, the PR interval resets and the cycle repeats.

One of the baseline assumptions when determining if an individual has Mobitz I heart block is that the atrial rhythm has to be regular. If the atrial rhythm is not regular, there could be alternative explanations as to why certain P waves do not conduct to the ventricles.
This is almost always a benign condition for which no specific treatment is needed. In symptomatic cases, intravenous atropine may transiently improve conduction.




10 comments:

  1. Simply wish to say your article is as surprising.
    The clearness for your put up is simply great and i can assume you're knowledgeable
    on this subject. Fine along with your permission let me to take hold
    of your RSS feed to keep updated with coming near near post.
    Thanks 1,000,000 and please keep up the rewarding work.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Its like you learn my mind! You appear to understand a lot about this,
    such as you wrote the e-book in it or something. I think that you simply can do with some
    % to pressure the message house a bit, but other than that, that
    is magnificent blog. A fantastic read. I'll certainly be back.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very well written information. It will be useful to everyone who utilizes it, as well as me.
    Keep doing what you are doing - can'r wait to read more
    posts.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You need to take part in a contest for one of the highest quality websites on the internet.
    I most certainly will recommend this blog!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like looking through and I conceive this website got some genuinely useful stuff
    on it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am thankful that I detected this website, just the
    right information that I was searching for!

    ReplyDelete
  7. That is really interesting, You are an excessively professional
    blogger. I have joined your feed and stay up for in the hunt for extra of
    your fantastic post. Additionally, I have shared your website in my social networks!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Some truly great blog posts on this site, appreciate it for contribution.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I just like the valuable information you supply on your articles.
    I'll bookmark your blog and take a look at once more right here
    frequently. I'm fairly certain I will learn a lot of new stuff
    proper right here! Best of luck for the next!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Some really interesting details you have written.Assisted me a lot, just what I was searching for :D.

    ReplyDelete